|Name : Sangbum Choi (최 상 범)|
|Position : Assistant Professor|
|TEL : (02) 3290-2248|
|E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office : 527 Woodang Hall|
|Research Interests : Semiparametric theory, Survival analysis, Dynamic treatment regimes, Quantile regression, Actuarial science.|
Ph.D. in Statistics, 2010, University of Wisconsin at Madison, WI, USA.
B.S. in Mathematics and Statistics, 2003, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
March 2016-present, Assistant Professor, Statistics, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea.
September 2013-February 2016, Assistant Professor, Biostatistics/BERD, The University of Texas at Houston, Houston, USA.
July 2010-August 2013, Postdoc Fellow, Biostatistics, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA.
International Academic Journal (Statistics Methodology Papers)
• Choi S. Huang X, Whitmore GA, Lee M-L T (2016+) Competing risks threshold regression. Submitted.
• Choi S, Rahbar MH, Ning J, Hong C, del Junco DJ, Rahbar E, Fox EE, Holcomb JB. (2016+). A latent variable subgroup analysis of dependent competing risks data with application to a blood transfusion study. In Revision.
• Choi S, Rahbar MH, Ning J, Hong C, del Junco DJ, Rahbar E, Fox EE, Holcomb JB. (2016) Recurrent event frailty models reduced time-varying and other biases in evaluating transfusion protocols for traumatic hemorrhage. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, In Press.
• Choi S, Huang X, Ju H, Ning J. (2016). Semiparametric joint accelerated intensity models for correlated recurrent and terminal events. Statistica Sinica, In Press.
• Huang X, Yan F, Ning J, Feng Z, Choi S, Cortes J. (2016). A two-stage approach for dynamic predictions of time to event using longitudinal biomarker data. Statistics in Medicine, 35, 2167-2182.
• Ning J, Rahbar MH, Choi S, Piao J, Hong C, del Junco DJ, Rahbar E, Fox EE, Holcomb JB, Wang MC. (2015). Estimating the ratio of multivariate recurrent event rates with application to a blood transfusion study. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, In Press.
• Ning J, Rahbar MH, Choi S, Hong C, Piao J, del Junco DJ, Fox EE, Holcomb JB. (2016). A joint latent class analysis for adjusting survival bias with application to trauma transfusion study. Statistics in Medicine, 35, 65-77.
• Rahbar MH, Ning J, Choi S, Huang H, del Junco DJ, Fox EE, Rahbar E, Holcomb JB. (2015). A joint latent class model for classifying severely hemorrhaging trauma patients. BMC Research Note, 8, 602-615.
• Huang X, Choi S, Wang L, Thall P. (2015). Optimization of multi-stage dynamic treatment regimes utilizing accumulated data. Statistics in Medicine, 34, 3424-3443.
• Choi S, Huang X. (2015). Efficient semiparametric mixture inferences on cure rate models for competing risks. The Canadian Journal of Statistics. 43, 420-435.
• Choi S, Huang X, Cormier JN, Doksum KA. (2014). A semiparametric inverse-Gaussian model and inference for survival data with a cured proportion. The Canadian Journal of Statistics, 42, 635-649.
• Choi S, Huang X. (2014). Maximum likelihood estimation of semiparametric mixture component models for competing risks data. Biometrics, 70, 588-598.
• Choi S, Huang X, Chen YH. (2014). A class of semiparametric transformation models for survival data with a cured proportion. Lifetime Data Analysis, 20, 369-386.
• Choi S, Doksum KA. (2013). A new class of semiparametric transformation models based on first-hitting-times by latent degradation processes. Stat, 2, 227-241.
• Choi S, Huang X. (2012). A general class of semiparametric transformation frailty models for non-proportional hazards survival data. Biometrics, 68, 1126-1135.
International Academic Journal (Science Application Papers)
• Govindarajan KA, Datta S, Hasan KM, Choi S, Rahbar MH, Coﬁeld S, Cutter GR, Lublin FD, Wolinsky D, Narayana PA. (2015). Effect of in-painting on cortical thickness measurements in multiple sclerosis: a study on a large cohort. Human Brain Mapping, In Press.
• Crane AM, Kramer P, Bui JH, Chung WJ, Li, XS, Gonzalez-Garay ML, Hawkins F, Liao W, Mora D, Choi S, Wang J, Sun HC, Paschon DE, Guschin DY, Gregory PD, Kotton DN, Holmes MC, Sorscher EJ, Davis BR. (2015). Targeted correction and restored function of CFTR gene in cystic fibrosis induced pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Reports, 14; 4(4), 569-577.
• Bohaty BR, Choi S, Cai C, Hebert AA. (2015). Clinical and bacteriological efficacy of twice daily topical retapamulin ointment 1% in the management of impetigo and other uncomplicated superficial skin infections. International Journal of Women's Dermatology, 1, 13-20.
• Quintas-Cardama A, Choi S, Huang X, Kantarjian H, Cortes J. (2014). Predicting outcomes in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia at any time during tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma & Leukemia, 14(4), 327-334.
• Leal TAB, Spiegelman VS, Goswami S, Oettel KR, Weigel TL, Huang W, Choi S, Kim K, Larson MM, Hoang T, Campbell TC, Traynor AM. (2013). The preclinical and clinical impact of the gli2 transcription factor in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Journal of Clinical Oncology, S.18537.
• Ghanem H, Jabbour E, Huang X, Ravandi F, Garcia-Manero G, Faderl S, Pierce S, Choi S, Cortes J, Kantarjian, H. (2013). Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) following myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and failure of therapy with hypomethylating agents (HMA): an emerging entity with a poor prognosis. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma & Leukemia, 13, S379.
• Jabbour E, Ghanem H, Huang X, Ravandi F, Garcia-Manero G, O' Brien S, Faderl S, Pierce S, Choi S, Verstovsek S, Cortes J, Kantarjian H. (2013). Acute myeloid leukemia following myelodysplastic syndrome and failure of therapy with hypomethylating agents: an emerging entity with a poor prognosis. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma & Leukemia, 14(2), 93-97.
• Nazha A, Ravandi F, Kantarjian F, Huang X, Choi S, Garcia-Manero G, Jabbour E, Borthakur G, Kadia T, Konopleva M, Cortes J, Ferrajoli A, Kornblau S, Andree M, Du M, Brandt M, Faderl S. (2013). Clofarabine, idarubicin, and cytarabine (CIA) as frontline therapy for patients 60 years with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML). American Journal of Hematology, 88, 961-966.
• Chang JE, Peterson C, Choi S, Eickho JC, Kim K, Yang DT, Gilbert LA, Rogers ES, Werndli JE, Huie MS, McFarland TA, Volk M, Blank J, Callander NS, Longo WL, Kahl BS. (2011). VcR-CVAD induction hemotherapy followed by maintenance rituximab in mantle cell lymphoma: a Wisconsin Oncology Network Study. British Journal of Haematology, 155, 190-197.