|Name : Chung, Hwan (정 환)|
|Position : Professor|
|TEL : (02) 3290-2246|
|E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office : 521 Woodang Hall|
|Research Interests : Latent Variable Modeling|
Ph.D. in Statistics, 2003, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, U.S.A.
M.S. in Statistics, 1996, Korea University, Seoul, KoreaB.S. in Statistics, 1994, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- March 2016 ~ present, Director, Institute of Statistics, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- March 2016 ~ present, Professor of Statistics, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- March 2012 ~ Feb. 2016, Associate professor of Statistics, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- Sep. 2009 ~ Feb. 2012, Associate professor of Statistics, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
- July 2005 ~ Dec. 2011, Assistant professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, U.S.A.
- May 2003 ~ June 2005, Research Associate, The Methodology Center, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, U.S.A.
Chung, H. (2007) Latent class models. In S. Boslaugh (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Epidemiology, 584–586, Thousand Oaks: Sage.
International Academic Journals
• Chang, H.-C., Chung, H., Tao, M., Luo, Z., & Holtrop, J.S. (2016) A comparison of care management delivery models on the trajectories of medical costs among patients with chronic diseases: 4-year follow-up results. Health Services and Outcome Research Methodology, 16, 234-255.
• Mudd, L.M., Pivarnik, J.M., Pfeiffer, K.A., Paneth, N., Chung, H., & Holzman, C. (2015) Maternal physical activity during pregnancy, child leisure-time activity, and child weight status at 3–9 years. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 12, 506–514.
• Shin, D., Chung, H., Weatherspoon L., & Song, W.O. (2014) Validity of pregnancy weight status estimated from self-reported height and weight. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 18, 1667–1674.
• Shin, D., Bianchi, L., Chung, H., Weatherspoon L., & Song, W.O. (2014) Is gestational weight gain associated with diet quality during pregnancy? Maternal and Child Health Journal, 18, 1433-1443.
• Chung, H., & Anthony, J.C. (2013) A Bayesian approach to a multiple-group latent class-profile analysis: the timing of drinking onset and subsequent drinking behaviors among U.S. adolescents. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 20, 658-680.
• Chang, H.-C. & Chung, H. (2013) Dealing with multiple local modalities in latent class profile analysis. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 68, 296–310
• Harel, O., Chung, H., & Miglioretti, D. (2013) Latent class regression: inference and estimation with two-stage multiple imputation. Biometrical Journal, 55, 541–553.
• Mudd, L.M., Pivarnik, J.M., Holzman, C., Paneth, N., Pfeiffer, K.A., & Chung, H. (2012) Leisure-time physical activity in pregnancy and the birth weight distribution: Where is the effect? Journal of Physical Activity & Health, 9, 1168-1177.
• Chung, H. & Chang, H.-C. (2012) Bayesian approaches to the model selection problem in the analysis of latent stage-sequential process. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 56, 4097–4110.
• Jones, N.M., Holzman, C., Tian, Y., Witkin, S.S., Genc, M., Friderici, K., Fisher, R., Sezen, D., Babula, O., Jernigan, K.A., Chung, H., & Wirth, J. (2012) Innate immune system gene polymorphisms in maternal and child genotype and risk of preterm delivery. Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, 25, 240–247.
• Chung, H., Anthony, J.C., & Schafer, J.L. (2011) Latent class profile analysis: an application to stage sequential process of early onset drinking behaviours. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 174, 689–712.
• Jones, N.M., Holzman, C., Friderici, K.H., Jernigan, K., Chung, H., Wirth, J., & Fisher, R. (2010) Interplay of cytokine polymorphisms and bacterial vaginosis in the etiology of preterm delivery. Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 87, 82–89.
• Chen, Y., Holzman, C., Chung, H., Senagore, P., Talge, N., & Siler-Khordr, T. (2010) Levels of maternal serum corticotropin-releasing hormone (CHR) at midpregnancy in relation to maternal characteristics. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 35, 820–832.
• Kelly, R., Holzman, C., Senagore, P., Wang, J., Tian, Y., Rahbar, M.H., & Chung, H. (2009) Placental vascular pathology findings and pathways to preterm delivery. American Journal of Epidemiology, 170, 148–158.
• Gargano, W.J., Holzman, C., Senagore, P., Thorsen, P., Skogstrand, K., Hougaard, D.M., Rahbar, M.H., & Chung, H. (2008) Mid-pregnancy circulating cytokine levels, histologic chorioamnionitis and spontaneous preterm birth. Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 79, 100–110.
• Xu, J., Holzman, C.B., Arvidson, C.G., Chung, H., & Goepfert, A.R. (2008) Mid-pregnancy vaginal fluid defensins, bacterial vaginosis, and risk of preterm delivery. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 112, 524–531.
• Chung, H. & Breslau, N. (2008) The latent structure of post-traumatic stress disorder: tests of invariance by gender and trauma type. Psychological Medicine, 38, 563–573.
• Chung, H., Lanza, S.T., & Loken, E. (2008) Latent transition analysis: inference and estimation. Statistics in Medicine, 27, 1834–1854.
• Romero, R., Nien, J.K., Espinoza, J., Todem, D., Fu, W., Chung, H., Kusanovic, J.P., Gotsch, F., Erez, O., Mazaki-Tovi, S., Gomez, R., Edwin, S., Chaiworapngsa, T., Levine, R.J., & Karumanchi, S.A. (2008) A longitudinal study of angiogenic (placental growth factor) and anti-angiogenic (soluble endoglin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor preceptor-1) factors in normal pregnancy and patients destined to develop preeclampsia and deliver a small for gestational age neonate. Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, 21, 9–23.
• Chung, H., Walls, T.A., & Park, Y. (2007) A latent transition model with logistic regression. Psychometrika, 72, 413–435.
• Demirtas, H., Lester, M., Chung, H., & Hedeker D. (2007) On the performance of bias-reduction techniques for variance estimation in approximate Bayesian bootstrap imputation. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 51, 4064–4068.
• Holzman, C., Lin, X., Senagore, P., & Chung, H. (2007) Histological chorioamnionitis and preterm delivery. American Journal of Epidemiology, 166, 786–794.
• Nettleman, M.D., Chung, H., Brewer, J., Ayoola, A., & Reed, P.L. (2007) Reasons for unprotected intercourse: analysis of the PRAMS survey. Contraception, 75, 361–366.
• Chung, H., Flaherty, B.P., & Schafer, J.L. (2006) Latent class logistic regression: application to marijuana use and attitudes among high school seniors. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 169, 723–743.
• Chung, H., Park, Y., & Lanza, S.T. (2005) Latent transition analysis with covariates: pubertal timing and substance use behaviors in adolescent females. Statistics in Medicine, 24, 2895–2910.
• Chung, H., Loken, E., & Schafer, J.L. (2004) Response to Letters to the Editor on “Difficulties in drawing inferences with finite-mixture models: a simple example and a simple solution.” The American Statistician, 58, 363.
• Chung, H., Loken, E., & Schafer, J.L. (2004) Difficulties in drawing Inferences with finite-mixture models: a simple example with a simple solution. The American Statistician, 58, 152–158.
Domestic Academic Journals
• Choi, H. & Chung, H. (2016) The inference and estimation for latent discrete outcomes with a small sample. Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods, 23, 131-146.
• Chung, H. (2011) Multiple-group latent transition model for the analysis of sequential patterns of early-onset drinking behaviors among U.S. adolescents. Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 24, 709–719.
• Park, G. & Chung, H. (2014) Estimating average causal effect in latent class analysis. Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 20, 1077–1095.